What's the gist?
- Find one of 23 coins hidden around North America by submitted codes found on specially marked bottles of Dr.Pepper, and received clues to their whereabouts.
- 21 physical coins were hidden in regions within the United States, 2 physical coins in Canada (east and west regions), and 1 virtual coin that anyone can hunt for regardless of region.
- Be the first to find your region's physical coin, or be the first to call the hotline with the location of the virtual coin, and win a guaranteed set value ranging from $10,000 to $1,000,000(USD)
- The promotion ended February 21st, 2007 after 30 intense days of riddle solving and coin hunting.
- All physical hunts were closed as of February 22nd, with the coin locations and values posted on the Hunt website. Codes are still being accepted for the Instant Win contest portion, through March 23, 2007
- Boston's problems forced the marketers to draw the winner randomly from the collection of those who received all clues in that region by February 22nd.
- Cadbury Schweppes PLC (owner of Dr.Pepper brand)
- SoftCoin, Inc. (web marketing)
- Circle One Marketing (campaign planning?)
- Promotion Watch (handling the physical hunt portion?)
- Boston.com - Marketing treasure hunt trips in historic graveyard
- Boston.com - Dr. Pepper's 'gold coin' found in historic cemetery
- Boston.com - Dr Pepper apologizes for placing coin near crypt
- PRNewsWire - 23-Year-Old Houstonian is America's Newest Millionaire By Finding Dr Pepper Coin at Sam Houston Park
- Houston Chronicle - Seeker got a clue - and $1 million
- ARGN.com - The Hunt For More Frustration
 The riddles!
23 Physical coin trails:
- Atlanta, GA - $50,000
- Baton Rouge, LA - $15,000
- Birmingham, AL - $10,000
- Boston, MA - $10,000
- Chicago, IL - $10,000
- Dallas, TX - $25,000
- Denver, CO - $10,000
- Houston, TX - $1,000,000
- Indianapolis, IN - $25,000
- Kansas City, MO - $10,000
- Los Angeles, CA - $50,000
- Nashville, TN - $100,000
- New York, NY - $10,000
- Oklahoma City, OK - $10,000
- Philadelphia, PA - $10,000
- Phoenix, AZ - $15,000
- Pittsburgh, PA - $10,000
- San Francisco, CA - $10,000
- Seattle, WA - $10,000
- Tampa, FL - $250,000
- Washington, DC - $10,000
- Canada-East (Toronto) - $10,000
- Canada-West (Calgary) - $25,000
and the Virtual coin trail - $10,000